Take us down to the river." - Rumi
spring is all around...the little dude welcomes the returns of his flower friends. pure delight streams through his words as he excitedly points out the crocus and the baby daffodils. look mama, a crocus party! take my picture! hi everyone!
i can't believe a year has passed. has my soul rested like these bulbs? am i experiencing a rebirth?
it’s somehow ironic that in the garden we celebrate the flowers, these signs of spring. yet in the garden of our souls and spirits, we focus more on the weeds – what we don’t like about who we are. judging and criticizing ourselves.
expecting the perfect, weed free garden, we spend more time on weeding out what we don’t want than nourishing what we do. the reality is that we all have weeds. and we all have a choice of where to turn our attention and focus. we can be consumed by our weeds or we can celebrate the flowers for their beauty and source of joy, strength and power in our lives.
what we appreciate appreciates. i continually need to remember this. it’s about choosing our life and living our choice. it’s about attitude and intention. perhaps we all need a whole new perspective on flower power.
as we enter this season of spring, of new life and hope and possibility, my wish is this, that we nurture and celebrate the abundance of what grows in our soul's garden. embrace all of it and dance freely amongst your landscape.
5 comments:
you sound happy down there at the river.
I love the idea of rebirth.
It's perfect.
flower power
I love this post, and your observation about our focus on the weeds rather than the flowers. This reminds me a little of a revelation I had in January. It's the corollary to "I don't have to do what I don't want to do," which is this: "I SHOULD do what I want to do." Huh. Profound. I'm trying to practice just that.
every time I see a crocus i think of the little dude
Post a Comment