6.21.2007

on the day you were born

the earth turned, the moon pulled, the sun flared.....


it is a day to celebrate and wonder how it can be true, that time is passing so quickly. these moments don't feel like years between, rather minutes.





on turning 4:

smile.
play.
blow bubbles.
pop bubbles.
giggle.
shadow dance.
flashlight dance.
laugh. laugh. laugh.
eat frosting.
smile under a parachute.
JUMP. JUMP. JUMP.
sing.
hug.
whine.
wish.
smile.
kiss.
sleep.

happy birthday my little dude.

"welcome to the spinning world" "welcome to the green earth.......we are so glad you've come!"

4 comments:

Ally said...

Oh, that beautiful boy.

"On the Day You Were Born." Just reading those exerpts made me cry; I used to read that book over and over to Eleanor when she was wee and we never tired of it.

Happy Birthday to our good pal Ryder! We're so glad you're here!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday little dude.

(I love it. my dad calls my son that too, which is also strange because you don't expect an old korean dude to say something like that)

oh, and so so sho cute.

Ally said...

Hey BGirl, I'm doing a test to see if the picture I added will really show up by my name. Hope you don't mind. :)

Seattle Mamacita said...

i have the fondest memory of that birthday... jumping on the moon, boys giggling at the flashlight show, hugs and knuckles and the kind of laughter that puts fireworks to shame...