8.27.2007

la luna

as recited by the little dude on a walk home from a friends house on friday night.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
ooooh...so special we are on a walk at night.

where's the moon mama? do you see her? ooooo, theeerrrre she izzzzzzzz. over there. i see her now. she's shining. she's bright. does she have a light inside her? yep maybe. she DOES have light inside her.

is she happy? she looks a lot like mercury. yeah, she sorta looks like earth too, umm maybe not, she looks like mercury. let's name her...what can we name her? what should we name her mama?

la luna? i offer

yes okay, la luna. where did she go? she's hiding. oooooo here she comes, she was behind that house. can you get her mama? can we get her? reeeeeach up and touch her. here moon, come on, it's okay. c'mon girl.

is she hungry? mama get out your moon treats and throw them up to her. do it with me...throooooow them up (the little dude is reaching in his pocket and pulling out pretend treats and tossing them up to the moon)...here you go la luna. she's happy.

we went on a walk at night. we saw the moon. what was her name? la luna. yeah, la luna.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
check it her out for yourself tonight .....
http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/LEmono/TLE2007Aug28/TLE2007Aug28.html


7 comments:

Ally said...

Oh, B. This is possibly the sweetest thing I've ever read. "It's okay, c'mon girl..." I'm all teary-eyed. I love your boy.

S said...

Lovely.

What an imagination, and what a generous nature!

Girlplustwo said...

this imagination business is driving me crazy with delight.

Seattle Mamacita said...

i can hear his voice in my head as i read this and it makes me smile a big one. i need to get him the book Kitten's First Full Moon he'd love it.

sieber with a smile said...

Oh My God! I am there. I hear him talking. Kissing the flowers, throwing treats to the moon- these are the things you love about kids. You should write this in a journal for him to read later in life. This is where he comes from...

Anonymous said...

that must have melted your heart into a big puddle. what a sweetie.

sieber with a smile said...

I instantly thought of you when I read this passage from The Space Between Us:
If for no other reason, she cannot regret her marriage to Feroz {who abused her, ks]because of what that marriage produced. It's funny, she thinks, Feroz and I were such flawed people. And yet look at what we made together- one of the nicest people I know, and I'd feel that way even if she wasn't my only child. It makes you believe in evolution or God or miracles or something. The endurance of the human spirit, maybe.