my favorite month…
funny memories. fog-filled saturday mornings that ease my spirit as I watch my 4-year old quickly attempt to pull his cozy fleece over his jammies with delight as we set out to capture those finite early moments that make for glistening webs and empty sidewalks we have to ourselves. the pleasure found in collecting fall leaves every day, (seriously, every day). my entry way baskets filling up with warm hats, coloring in front of the fire (even if it is the kind you flip the switch to ignite), pulling pumpkins from the vine, slippered feet, cookies baking, fleece, costume hunting, harvest parties, pumpkin bread, warm soup, random rain storms, red wine, scraping slimy pumpkin guts, carving, flashlights, warmer bedding, more candles, jack-o-lantern lit bathtimes, chilly mornings, chilly nights, halloween parties, exuberant kids walking, skipping, laughing, giggling throughout the neighborhood as they climb the stairs to another front door with the promise of a sweet treat in their bucket.
5 comments:
a favorite month. i like that idea. i don't have one.
wait...maybe it's april? um..i don't know. will think on this.
as charlie brown says "happiness is warm jammies" and everything you captured here about October...
I do a lot of taking stock in the fall, as I realize that another year has quickly passed. What a cozy post this was. Bath-time by the light of a jack-o-lantern. What a great idea!
I love it. I'm feeling it too.
Yes!! My favorite season is Fall, but a favorite month? Hmm....yep, probably October. I do like November, too, though. September is mighty fine, as well. Nice post. I love how you describe this month that is full of change and transition....in an absolutely fantastic way, of course. :)
Post a Comment