wandering around new york i discover a place I never expected i would find. much like falling in love. i make the most of each free moment. forcing my thoughts back to my business meetings is nearly impossible. the lure of the city is strong. like those magical beginnings with a new lover, i exchange sleep and exercise (two things that are critical to my body, the latter especially given the pending marathon I plan to run) for succulent wine, delicious food and the exploration of the heart. this heart proves to be worth the sacrifice. the city whispers sweet and sultry sounds in my ear, they shoot right through me. i’m captivated, enraptured, melting. my heartbeat steadily increases as the city reveals itself to me. a slow smile spreads across my face as i journey deeper, working my way below the surface. an intense rush, quickened breath, pure pleasure overwhelms me as i stand underneath the city, alongside the speeding subway. the brick road i walk feels unsteady beneath my legs. soho. i feel my skin tingle. something in me knows this is just the beginning. greenwich, my body naturally slows, tunes in to match your rhythm. have i been here? why does this feel so right? the city and i continue our affair into the night and i find myself unable and unwilling to unwind from this new frequency running through my body. everything is so beautiful. like a young girl I tell myself, “this is all so incredible, i must remember all of this,i must come back here one day”. the woman in me answers, “the imprint has been made, you are here right now, today…let go...” the hours wane on and reluctantly I say goodnight, yearning for more time together.
who would’ve guessed that i would travel 2000 miles to find a new love for this heart.
i miss you already, i miss you all days.
3 comments:
wooh! I'm fanning myself this is a little like those romance novels my mamma never let me read with the big Fabio on the cover...
way to let yourself be seduced. live in the moment!
Wow, I need to book me a ticket!
And I know this wasn't at all the point, but... marathon? Zoinks!
Post a Comment