rhythm is essential to life.
we were all born out of a rhythm...every human was drummed into this world, having spent nine months in-utero listening to the rhythms of the heart. we literally dance to the beat of our own drum.
let your body be your guide.
how easy it is to move from a total body, free-spinning, beautiful rhythmic dance to a restricted, unfeeling, unconscious march.
a pulsing, flowing life is about letting go as a means to allow for something new.
without meaning to, i suddenly realize i am stuck, rather than letting go, I'm hanging on. to what? an idea? a feeling? a desired feeling? a desired outcome. how is it that my body (my subconscious mind) can so easily be pulled by the seduction of fear. who let fear back in? answer -- it never left. it is always there. learning to let it be there as a part of life allows me to stop fighting myself.
i find that when I challenge myself to truly pay attention and just be, i begin to notice where i am stuck. my mom once said that running a marathon requires that you just keep going...once you stop and or slow to a walk, it is nearly impossible to start running again. if we tell ourselves how hard it is to persevere, how much easier it is to stop and just watch the world go by, then i would agree, it is nearly impossible to take that first step. perceived risk.
people argue that change is hard. is it? can it not be just a simple choice we make? i believe it can be. just by showing up, being present and simply paying attention i know i am on the first step back to my life, my dance. i've been hijacked many times on this journey to equanimity. how quickly i've let vitality, ease, and peace turn to a tight, rigid, fearful internal state.
i believe our bodies, like the earth, are subject at times to the weather. we change and respond to various internal and external conditions. for me, these changes sometimes translate to fear. yet, like all things, i remind myself, this too shall pass. and no matter the external conditions, i must continue to experience an internal calm amid the storm. accepting what is, letting go of what is not...getting unstuck.
If there is anyone who is in the sun
will you help me to understand
cause I been caught in between all I wish for and all I need
maybe you're not even sure what it's for
any more than me
If I find my own way
how much will I find
If I find
If I find my own way
How much will I find
You
letting go.....returning to the rhythm
fly away little butterfly....be free. be happy.
1 comment:
Day #28 sista, and now you can add to the list "And I will dance today as though no one is watching"
Post a Comment